For the Tartar:
▪ 1 6-8oz filet of salmon, chopped into a small dice
▪ 1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
▪ 2 tbsp fresh chives, finely chopped
▪ 1 tbsp sesame seeds
▪ 1/2 a lime, juice
▪ 2 tsp sesame oil
▪ 2 tsp hot chilli sauce of your choice (add more or less, depending on your desired level of spice.)
▪ 1 tbsp cilantro stems
▪ 2 tsp soy sauce
▪ Salt to taste (soy sauce may be salty enough, add salt only if you feel it needs more seasoning)
▪ 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
▪ 1/2 baguette, thinly sliced
▪ 12 whole leaves of butter (Boston) lettuce
▪ 2 tsp sesame seeds
▪ 1/2 lime, quartered
▪ In a mixing bowl add grated ginger, minced chives cilantro stem, and sesame seeds, set aside.
▪ Slice 1/2 a baguette into thin rounds, making crostini shapes. Place the bread in a 450 degree oven for about 5 minutes, to dry toast them. Once they are golden and crisp remove from oven and set aside. It is important to note that these toast really fast and can burn easily, so keep a close eye on your bread.
▪ Separate about 12 whole leaves of lettuce, wash and set aside.
▪ On a clean cutting board, chop salmon into a small dice, adding the fish to the bowl with the ginger, sesame, cilantro stem and chives. Once the fish is all cut and in the bowl add hot chilli sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil and lime juice. Mix well to combine, taste and adjust seasoning.
▪ Top the Tartar with cilantro leaves and sesame seeds as garnish, serve with toasted baguette, lettuce cups and lime wedges. Enjoy!