Let me be honest, I prefer savoury to sweet food, especially breakfast foods. However my family enjoys things that are on the sweeter side for breakfast, and brunch was soon on the horizon for the before Christmas festivities. I wanted to make something sweet, quick and easy and I thought what would be more fun than a make it yourself yogurt bar? I bought the fruits and the yogurt, but I was missing the most important element, the crunchy granola. So using a few things that are staples in my pantry I put together this delicious coconut granola recipe. And although I like savoury breakfast foods more, I truly think this granola has converted me to giving the sweeter things in life another chance.
▪ 1 cup rolled oats
▪ 1 cup all natural flaked coconut
▪ 1/3 cup hemp seeds
▪ 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
▪ 1 tsp cinnamon
▪ 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
▪ 1/4 cup honey (or agave nectar to make it vegan)
▪ Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
▪ In a large mixing bowl place all ingredients. Stir very well to combine and allow honey to coat everything, I stirred this mixture for about 3 minutes to get it well incorporated.
▪ Spread granola mixture in a thin layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
▪ Once out of the oven pile granola together and let cool completely, this allows the granola to set in nice big “clumps”
▪ Store in an air tight glass container for up to three weeks. Enjoy!