Honey and thyme roasted carrots
The last thing I want to do after a long day during a busy week is make an intricate and fancy dinner. Let’s face it, we are often tempted to buy takeout foods just for the convenience of it. However, there is little to no nutritional benefit to many of the convenience take-out restaurants we so often rely on. My trick for a simple and easy week night dinner? Buying a rotisserie chicken and making a big salad and a simple, delicious side dish to go along with it. This recipe for honey and thyme roasted carrots is the perfect thing! It’s packed with flavour and can be thrown together in less then 5 minutes. Just stick it in the oven and it will be ready in no time. This recipe is the perfect accompaniment to just about any meal, but it is especially perfect when you are short on time after a long day!
▪ 4 large carrots, cut into bite sized pieces
▪ 1 tsp honey
▪ 1 tsp avocado oil (or your favourite cooking oil)
▪ 2 tbsp thyme
▪ sea salt to taste
▪ 1 tsp orange zest
▪ preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
▪ on a lined baking sheet place carrots cut into bite sized chunks. You can cut them in small rounds, or in small diamonds using a rolling cut method.
▪ drizzle carrots with oil, honey, 1 tbsp thyme, and a pinch of sea salt. Mix well, making sure each carrot is fully coated.
▪ place the carrots on a lined baking sheet and bake at 400 for about 20-25 minutes, until fork tender.
▪ once out of the oven place carrots in a large serving bowl, top with a pinch of flaked sea salt, orange zest and remaining thyme. Enjoy with your favourite side dish!